Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Road Trip" knitted hat and scarf set

My noble spouse did about three-quarters of the driving so I could get in a bit of knitting on the way to and from Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. 

I rarely get around to such things when I'm home, so it was a real treat to have some uninterrupted time with sticks and string.













I had two skeins of Patons Classic Wool in Cognac Heather which worked up to 4 1/2 stitches per inch on #8's.

First I made a simple roll-brim hat (simple being an advantage since we left Tuesday after work so were driving in the dark).








Then, once the hat was completed on Wednesday morning, the rest of the yarn and the rest of the trip went into a nice long scarf.  The beaded rib pattern is from "The Sweater Workshop" by Jacqueline Fee.








Now I'm ready for winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment