Sunday, March 11, 2012

Every workplace has one

In my previous post, as I was writing about how Himself's friend B is not a kook, I couldn't help but think of my colleague D.

My colleague D is whip smart, a talented engineer, and one of the nicest guys out there even though he can be a bit annoying in that oblivious Asperger's kind of way.

He is also a kook.

A card-carrying, tin-foil-helmet-wearing, ultra-paranoid, anti-government, gun-hoarding, gold-stockpiling kook. 

The most recent manifestation of this kookiness is the regular deliveries of entire pallets of surplus MREs which have started showing up on our loading dock.



This is one pallet of 48 cases of MREs which he has loaded into his truck.

That's 576 MREs and this is just one of the several pallets our long-suffering warehouse staff has received for him.

Seriously, hundreds upon hundreds of MREs? Someone would rather eat those than starve to death?



Himself has about 100 gallons of wine percolating in the basement.  There's a very old single-shot .22 rifle down there, too.  For my part, if society as we know it collapses, that's all I'll need.  That plus one bullet. 

Actually, I would just go live with B.

No comments:

Post a Comment