Monday, November 15, 2010

Food drive

The place where I work employs about 65 people.  In the way that is peculiar to Mainers, it seems that no matter how serious our internal squabbles (and we crank out some doozies), when it comes time to rally for something, we are unstoppable.

Every year this time we have a food drive for the local food pantry.  The combination of a good cause and a little healthy competition brings out the best in us, and we usually manage to come up with a little over a ton of food.

This year I threw out a challenge to my direct reports – I said whatever poundage of food they contributed, I would bring in double.

They’ve just given me their totals.  I think these people have it in for me.

It’s all right.  It’s for a good cause. 

And I will remember this when I do their performance evaluations next month.

Now I’m off to the grocery store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment