Saturday, March 12, 2011

Snow fun

For an end-of-February treat, Himself took the kids off to western Maine for a few days of downhill and cross-country.  (Yeah, I'm only just now getting around to posting the pics... there's a lot of competition for computer time in this house.)


They stayed in a little off-the-grid cabin - no road, no car; just snowshoes and packs.




The kids spent two days burning up the trails at Sunday River.  Day Three was XC with Dad.







While they were gone, back here on the coast we got more than a foot of snow in a matter of hours and the plow boy (whom I used to babysit, curse him, though now he's got babies of his own) did not come and I got royally stuck in the driveway coming home from work that Friday.

My plow bill last month was $285. 

I think I'm ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment