Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Superstitious bunk

I'm sitting in my hotel room on the 14th floor of the Sheraton in downtown Dallas. 

Except that I'm really on the 13th floor. 

What's up with that?  Why, in this enlightened age, do major high-end hotel chains insist on pretending the 13th floor doesn't exist?  Are we who are lodged here less likely to encounter bad luck simply because we're calling it the 14th floor?  Do they think we are idiots?

I want to write something very profound about this, but I have to go network in a minute, which requires lip gloss, a perma-grin and the ability to get middle-aged men to talk about themselves.  (Not difficult.)

Colleague #2 update:  This many manufacturing professionals in one place has almost certainly attracted the attention of al Qaeda.  Be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment