Sunday, September 25, 2011

A fall feast

The leaves are starting to turn, the nights are cool, and the days are getting shorter.  We have successfully navigated school reentry and settled into routines.  Apples are ready.  The CSA shares include larger squashes and root vegetables - garlic, onions, beets and potatoes. 


It's a drizzly Saturday and rather than tackling any of the things I should be working on - these would be the projects I have put off all summer because the weather was too nice, just as I put them off last winter and the summer before...  yeah, so basically I have three years worth of filing to do and a closet stuffed so full of outgrown clothes that the door won't shut and about a dozen unfinished knitting projects and six bags of unspun wool and a half-warped blanket on the loom and a freezer that really, really needs to be defrosted and windows which really, really need to be washed and a bunch of weird stuff from my mother's house that I don't have a clue what to do with. 

Which explains why I spent the day doing laundry and putzing in the kitchen with Farmer Tom's vegetables.

Sage and garlic feature in both a basic roasted chicken and a side dish of spaghetti squash topped with brown butter and Parmesan.  An earthy salad of roasted beets, greens and goat cheese rounds out the meal.  Recipes to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment